Architectural CAD Drafter/Plans Manager
Reports to: Plans Department Manager
Summary of Job Duties:
The position of Architectural CAD Drafter/Plans Manager resides in the Plans Department with respect to residential architecture. This position is responsible for the timely and accurate execution of architectural drawings and revisions. Project management skills are required for the success in this position, as well as the ability to interface with engineering, permits, production, and management on all levels, as well as research, develop and design of new plans.
• Draft and revise residential home construction plans according to local jurisdictions and I.R.C. code compliance. Complete any redlines from city, county or other jurisdictions in order to receive building permits.
• Manage the status of plans in drafting or revision queues including ones that are outsourced, with senior managers for approvals.
• Provide Plans Department Manager with regular status updates, changes to schedules, and any changes that will impact other aspects of production output.
• Communicate and notify vendors and production staff of changes to plans when they occur. Coordinate new plans with HVAC, electrical, cabinet vendors, etc.
• Work with production teams to move the construction process forward to meet scheduling deadlines.
• Create and design of new products based on current targeted market’s trends
• Perform site feasibility for different jurisdictions as required
• Other duties as requested
Senior Staff Accountant
Reports to: Senior Finance Manager
Summary of Job Duties:
• Prepare and review monthly financial statements for approximately 45 companies
• Apply knowledge of accounting policies and procedures to month end closing entries
• Support and assist construction managers with job costing including work-in-progress and monthly job cost reporting
• Review and record home sales to buyers, including analysis of budgeted versus actual costs
• Prepare entries to record land acquisitions and sales
• Prepare monthly reconciliations of subsidiary accounts to the general ledger
• Prepare entries to record daily cash receipts and disbursements
• Process semi-annual payments of property taxes and review for completeness
• Prepare state and local B & O tax returns
• Process accounts payable and general ledger entries related to intercompany transactions
• Assist with external accountants with annual financial statement audit
• Review and verify invoices and employee credit card charges for proper approval and accuracy
• Review invoices for proper sale tax charges
• Respond to both employee and vendor queries in a timely and effective manner
• Assist other members of the accounting team on an as-needed and as-time permits basis
• Special projects as needed